A traditional Thanksgiving side dish, potatoes au gratin can be recreated in the keto way by substituting potatoes with radishes. Radishes are extremely low in carbohydrates but can mimic the potato texture especially when prepared in a creamy cheese sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice radishes and set aside.
3. In a medium pot, melt the butter over low heat.
4. Add the onions and let cook until slightly tender, around 3 minutes.
5. Add the heavy whipping cream and let simmer for 4-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Slowly add all cheeses, stirring as you add, to melt into a smooth, creamy mixture, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste and stir for 1 more minute.
8. Remove from heat, and grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish.
9. Layer with radishes to cover the bottom of the baking dish, and top with 1/5 of the melted cheese mixture.
10. Repeat step 9 until you are out of radishes and melted cheese, and bake for 1 hour.
Serving Size 6 ounces
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.