I. Ketogenic Certified
The Ketogenic Certified guidelines and requirements are outlined herein. These standards are set forth by Ketogenic.com for the Ketogenic Certified program. Only the products part of the Ketogenic Certified program that meet the standards and requirements set for certified by Ketogenic.com are given the rights to use the Ketogenic Certified trademark, logo, and any designated labeling hereinafter referred to as “Ketogenic Certified (N.A.S.)”, “Ketogenic Certified”, or “Ketogenic Friendly”.
The Ketogenic Certified and Ketogenic Friendly branding was branded and trademarked by Ketogenic.com for the purpose of identifying products that meet the standards of a ketogenic diet. The Ketogenic Certified and Ketogenic Friendly certifications and branding are only permitted for use by the companies who have been tested and certified to meet the standards set forth and entered a contractual agreement with Ketogenic.com.
- The Ketogenic Certified (N.A.S.), Ketogenic Certified, and Ketogenic Friendly labels are allowed to be used on packing, promotional items, social media, websites, literature, and advertising materials. Any other usage of these logos must receive prior authorization from Ketogenic.com.
- Only the individual, specific products tested and are approved by Ketogenic.com are allowed to display the Ketogenic Certified and Ketogenic Friendly logos. This excludes, but is not limited to, any variation in flavor, size, or ingredients.
- If at any point the ingredient profile is altered, the logo must be removed, and the product requires re-testing. Ketogenic.com retains the right to audit and re-test any product suspected of changing their formulation or ingredient profile.
- Only individual products of a company certified by Ketogenic.com use the Ketogenic Certified or Ketogenic friendly logos on company stationery, materials, or their website. Products that have not been certified may not have the logo displayed on the same materials, even if certified products are included to prevent misleading the consumer.
- Any and all applicants are only permitted to use the Ketogenic Certified and Ketogenic Friendly labeling after approval and contractual agreement with Ketogenic.com.
- Ketogenic.com retains the right to revoke label and logo rights if the product is altered and no longer meets the same standards.
- Misuse of the certification label or logo will result in immediate suspension of the contractual agreement and/or prosecution.
- Carbohydrate Content
- Total added sugar may not exceed 2g for Ketogenic Certified and no more than 4g for Ketogenic Friendly.
- The Ketogenic Certified status requires a minimum 1:1 ratio (1 gram of fat to every 1 gram of net carbohydrates and protein).
- Sugar Alcohols
- Total sugar alcohols may not exceed 15g for Ketogenic Certified. Ketogenic Certified products must not contain any sugar alcohols that have been to have a metabolic impact including but not limited maltitol and sorbitol.
- Total sugar alcohols may not exceed more than 20g for Ketogenic Friendly status.
- Exogenous Ketones
- Exogenous ketones are permitted in the Ketogenic Certified and Ketogenic Friendly programs, provided the beta-hydroxybutyrate content is 5g for Ketogenic Certified™, 3g for Ketogenic Friendly, and they meet all other standards outlined.
- Excluded Ingredients
- Ketogenic Certified (N.A.S.) completely excludes use of artificial sweeteners, including but not limited to sucralose, acesulfame potassium (ace-K), aspartame, and saccharin.
- Ketogenic Certified completely excludes use of maltitol, sorbitol, and vegetable oils.