If you’re new to keto, make sure you’re not making these common keto mistakes. Avoiding these pitfalls will be the difference between being successful on the ketogenic diet or reverting back to the high-carb, high-sugar lifestyle of the Standard American Diet.
The seven biggest keto mistakes are:
- Not eating enough fat
- Not getting enough salt and electrolytes
- Continuous snacking (cue the intermitting fasting thought process)
- Comparing your results to someone else’s results
- Limiting your portions (don’t starve yourself—eat until content)
- Trusting processed food labels with misleading net carbs and ingredients (try to stick to whole foods that are not a in a package)
- Doing keto alone (join a group on social media if you don’t know someone who will do keto with you!)
The ketogenic diet is a powerful nutrition plan that can reverse chronic disease and help you hit your weight loss goals. If at first, you’re a little confused about what keto strategies to take, just make sure to avoid these seven keto mistakes to ensure success on your health and weight loss journey.