Chick-Fil-A is a popular fast food restaurant with delicious chicken dishes. You might think Chick Fil A is a no-go on keto, but if you select the right items, you can delight in Chick Fil A from time to time and still stay in ketosis. Staying keto while you’re on-the-go can be tricky, but lots of restaurants have keto-friendly options to choose from. Let’s discuss keto at Chick Fil A!
Choosing Keto Options at Chick Fil A!
When you’re keeping it low-carb, waffle fries and wheat flour buns aren’t going to work. Here’s what to do if you’re keto and stopping at Chick-Fil-A for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
1) Keto Breakfast At Chick Fil A
Try a breakfast sandwich without the bun or with a lettuce bun. Select the grilled Chick Fil A breakfast filet (0 grams of carbs) — a lemon-herb marinated smoky boneless chicken breast. Depending on the individual, daily macronutrients, and other factors, some keto dieters might even go for the original Chick-Fil-A breakfast filet (9 grams of carbs).
Another option is the hash brown scramble bowl with grilled filet and no hash browns! Chow down on a filling meal of grilled chicken and scrambled eggs for only 1 gram of carbs. You might add a little cheese for more flavor.
Pair your breakfast with a THRIVE farmers coffee (o grams of carbs) and get it iced or hot with no added sweeteners.
2) Keto Lunch Or Dinner At Chick Fil A
Choose grilled chicken nuggets or a grilled chicken sandwich with no bun or with a lettuce bun if it’s available. Instead of carb-heavy waffle fries, go for a side salad or a small cup of chicken salad, but be careful with salad dressings and condiments since many contain high-fructose corn syrup or lots of added sugar.
Here’s the scoop on some of the low-carb lunch and dinner options at Chick Fil A*:
- Grilled nuggets
- 4 Count: 1g of carbs
- 6 count: 1g of carbs
- Chick-fil-A nuggets
- 4 count: 5g of carbs
- 6 count: 8g of carbs
- Grilled market salad without the Granola topping (16 grams of carbs) and with light Italian dressing (3 grams of carbs) or avocado lime ranch dressing (3 grams of carbs)
- Cobb salad (16 grams of carbs) with grilled nuggets and without the packet of crispy bell peppers. Instead, add creamy salsa (3 grams of carbs), light Italian dressing (3 grams of carbs), or avocado lime ranch dressing (3 grams of carbs).
Pair your meal with an unsweet tea, diet soda, cold bottled water, or diet lemonade. You could also bring your own infused water or keto beverage.
*All Nutrition data found on the Chick-Fil-A website.
Choose from these Keto Chick Fil A condiments and sauces:
- Zesty Buffalo Sauce (1 gram of carb)
- Garden Ranch Sauce (1 gram of carb)
- Garden Ranch Dressing (2 grams of carbs)
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing (3 grams of carbs)
- Creamy Salsa (3 grams of carbs)
- Light Italian Dressing (3 grams of carbs)
Do You Eat Chick Fil A on Keto?
Share your top tips for keeping it low-carb at this fast-food favorite.
Steph Green is a writer, researcher, and singer/songwriter with a passion for all things wellness. In 2016, after four years of struggling with her own health problems and painful autoimmune disease, Steph developed a life-changing and extensive knowledge of keto, nutrition, and natural medicine. She continues on her healing journey and enjoys helping others along the way.